When a Piano Falls in Your Lap - Paperback | by Sarah Czarnecki and Gary Everett
You have a piano -- and it's been ages since the thing's been tuned. Time to fix it.
Whether you're guilty of using your heirloom upright as non-musical furniture or you rescued a beat up baby grand from the curb, your tired old piano deserves proper care and maintenance. That means cleaning, repairing, tuning, and regular upkeep from now on. You could hire a professional piano technician to do it all for you... or you could handle these tasks yourself!
We'll start with the basics of piano ID and ownership, then move onto DIY guides to boost your piano parenthood confidence. Learn how to:
- Select the right piano for you and your musical needs.
- Move a piano and put it in the perfect location.
- Maintain your instrument, no matter its condition.
- Identify the most important elements of any piano.
- Build and use a customized toolkit.
- Tune and repair your own piano without fear.
Free from bone-dry technical language, When a Piano Falls in Your Lap is the ownership guide you'll wish came with every secondhand piano.
We Also Recommend
Piano Technicians Guild - 36 Piano Technicians Journal Issues from 2000-2002 on CD
Longitudinal Modes in Piano Strings by James F. Ellis RPT | Piano Technicians Guild - PTG