Schaff Universal Piano Bass Strings Full Set - 6 Heavy String Series
- Set of 6 universal bass strings
- 3-1/2" hitch to wrap on all strings
To determine what size you need measure your existing string with a micrometer or caliper in several places and select the size which matches most closely
The 6 sizes in this set are:
B48 01 Diameter of wire .155" Length of wrap 59-5/8"
B48 02 Diameter of wire .158" Length of wrap 59-5/8"
B48 03 Diameter of wire .165" Length of wrap 59-5/8"
B48 04 Diameter of wire .175" Length of wrap 59-5/8"
B48 05 Diameter of wire .186" Length of wrap 59-5/8"
B48 06 Diameter of wire .194" Length of wrap 59-5/8"
Step by step instructions for installing Schaff universal replacement piano strings -
1. Place the loop end of the wire over the hitch pin and across the bass bridge. Line up replacement string with other strings in the piano. Measure 1/4" from the point where the windings end on other strings toward the bass bridge. Cut through the copper winding of the new string at this point.
2. Stretch the replacement string across to the upper plate bearing or agraffe. Line up the replacement string with the windings of the other strings. Measure 1/4" from the winding line toward the opposite (hitch pin) side to allow for stretch. Cut through the copper winding of the new string at this point.
3. Stretch the replacement string up to the tuning pin. Allow enough length for 3 coils on the tuning pin. Cut through the winding and wire core to remove excess length of the replacement string.
4. Be sure to cut through the copper winding with a circular motion in the same direction as the winding has been done. This will prevent the windings from loosening their grip on the core wire.
5. Remove the replacement string and unwind the copper winding at both ends up to the scored sections. Then install as you would any custom made string.
We Also Recommend
Schaff Universal Piano Bass Strings Full Set - 10 Very Heavy String Series